Kallang Polyclinic and Long Term Care Centre
Year: Under Construction
- (2021) BCA Integrated Digital Delivery Project – Platinum
- (2019) BCA Universal Design Mark Award – GoldPLUS (Design)
- (2019) BCA Green Mark Award – Platinum
- Integrated design approach
- Use of building performance simulation to improve design for NV wards
- Use of 100% LED lighting for entire development.
- High Energy Efficient air conditioning system
- Demolition protocol
- Extensive use of PPVC
The new Kallang Polyclinic and Long-Term care Facility is a new government built co-located development of a polyclinic and Long-Term care facilities that meets its model of care as a healing environment for patients, operational needs and service requirements.
The design approach is centred on person-centred care and eldercare friendly design principles. The Long-Term care facilities will support flexibility and adaptability for future-proofing and ease of design for modular construction. The environment will reflect culturally-normalised living space and view as a home setting with cues for orientation.