Medical Centre @ Changi General Hospital
(in collaboration with B+H Architects)
- (2021) BCA Design and Engineering Safety Award – Merit (Institutional Building)
- (2020) BCA Construction Excellence Award -Merit (Institutional Building Category)
- (2019) BCA Universal Design Mark Award – GoldPLUS (Completed Built Development)
- (2016) BCA Universal Design Mark Award – GoldPLUS (Design)
- (2016) BCA Green Mark Award – Platinum
- (2016) BCA BIM Award – Platinum
- Seamless connectivity to the other parts of the campus is achieved with accessible covered link-ways from the public bus-stop to the shared canopy with CGH Main Building on ground level. Link-bridges connect the new building to existing CGH at levels 2, 3 and 4 for ease of patients transfer amongst the 3 buildings.
- The design is Patient Centric where its planning ensures ease of travel to, within and between clinics for users through intuitive way finding. This allows for stress-free and integrated care environment for all users – patients, visitors, care-workers, and the general public.
- The design takes into account the dynamism of demand and the probability of future use/changes in clinical requirements in a hospital with modular/standardised layout to achieve adaptability.
- Various pockets of landscape spaces are created to promote conducive environments as well as offering outdoor respite to patients and gathering spaces for visitors.
It was developed along the concept of “Village Community” where conducive home-like environment that help optimise patients’ recovery and independence were interspersed amongst generous therapy gardens, preparing the patients for an optimal transition back to home.
Design has been therefore developed around this duality of program (clinics/office) and context (New building/Extension from Old building). The design of Medical Centre takes into account the dynamism of demand and the probability of future use/changes in clinical requirements in a hospital with a modular/standardised layout achieving adaptability.