The Integrated Building @ Changi General Hospital
(in collaboration with B+H Architects)
- (2017) BCA Construction Excellence Award (Institutional Building)
- (2015) BCA Universal Design Mark Award – GoldPLUS (Completed Built Development)
- (2014) BCA Universal Design Mark Award – GoldPLUS (Design)
- (2014) BCA Green Mark Award – Platinum
- (2014) BCA BIM Award – GoldPLUS
The new Integrated Building is a 280-bed facility set up to bridge the gap between services provided by the Changi General Hospital and the St. Andrew’s Community Hospital. Catering to patients who may be in acute condition but require long-term care in rehabilitative settings, the environment was designed to be patient-centric, age-friendly, flexible and sustainable.
It was developed along the concept of “Village Community” where conducive home-like environment that help optimise patients’ recovery and independence were interspersed amongst generous therapy gardens, preparing the patients for an optimal transition back to home.